Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The boys are back in town...Sean and Hayden went to Tyler for a few days, leaving me home alone with Trevor and the dogs.

It's funny, because when I just had Hayden, I remember feeling overwhelmed at the thought of being left alone to care for him. One of the downsides of having such an active co-parent like Sean is that you get really dependent on the extra set of hands. But now with Trevor, it seems like a vacation when I only have ONE kid to care for. Just a shift in perspective I guess. With the first little one, I felt like I never had a moment's rest. Then you have two and you really know what it's like to not have free time. So a few days with only one again makes it seem relaxing.

Mind you, I still didn't get much accomplished. Got the picture book updated through May and did a little laundry. Never made it to pick up the dry cleaning or into the shower. Did take Trev out for his first trip to Amy's Ice Cream. Yum! The boy took to ice cream like a fish to water. That's momma's boy. He's the same way with cake.

Hayden was literally bouncing off the walls when he came home. Two days with the older cousin and a trip to see the Yankees play were a bit much for him I think. Unfortunately, the side effect of playing with older kids is that he's a little rough with Trevor when he comes back. Hopefully he'll settle down today, because I'm not sure I can handle another night of the hyper-Hayden.

No comments: