Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back in the saddle (i.e. uncomfortable office chair)...Trevor and I made it back alive yesterday. I tried to tire him out by letter him walk up and down the moving walkway in the airport about 100 times before it was time to board our flight. But instead of sleepy tired he just got cranky tired. Which isn't good when you're cooped up on a plane with 130 other people. But he probably only cried bloody murder with big crocodile tears for about 30 minutes of the 2 hour+ trip, so all in all it wasn't bad. The woman next to me complimented me on my ability to stay calm through his fits. What were my choices? Beating him or throwing him out the emergency exit? Nope, I just kicked back and read my magazine and pretended he was someone else's kid. Which worked until he reached out his snotty hand to try to hand me the crud that he had just extracted from his nose. I mean, that's the true bond of motherhood right? The willingness to accept snot when other people are watching you? Man, it's a good thing that kid is cute.

No comments: