Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Just fine, thanks for asking...



The family seems to be functioning OK since my return to work. I'm trying to keep it together, but Erika and the kids seem to be adjusting perfectly. The boys continue to dote on their little playmate...



Hard to believe this little lady is already six months old. I'm starting to feel like I should start planning her first birthday party since it will be here in the blink of an eye...

With no time to spare, I decided to whip out the old high chair and start Juliette on cereal the day before I went back to work. First of all, who puts the high chair away all crusted over with nasty food remnants? So the first meal was delayed by a good scrubbing with bleach, but Juliette seemed anxious to get started once she was in the chair...

Clearly, this child was ready and waiting to move on from a milk-only diet. But it was so hard on me. It's like I've given up a piece of her babyhood and I'll never get it back. And of course I resent my job because I feel like I could have delayed it longer if I hadn't gone back to work sooner than expected. But even the La Leche League women told me "Well, they all have to eat solids eventually..." as if I was a little freakish for hesitating to start.

Well, on the bright side, baby J-bird loves her cereal and is taking her bottles just fine in my absence. And Erika seems to manage all three better than I do, so all is well.


Just wait till they send me to Europe for two weeks in September...





No comments: