Friday, March 09, 2007

On the road, again...I feel silly starting every post with an apology about not posting, so I'll just skip it. We flew to Chicago yesterday because my grandmother is sick (mom's mom) and we wanted to spend a little time with her and were hoping the boys could cheer her up some. She has shingles, which is painful at any age, but she's no spring chicken so she's suffering quite a bit and the pain medication can make her drowsy/loopy. But while she's awake it seems to bring her cheer to have the crazy boys wrestling and giggling all over the house.

Sean and Hayden will head back to Houston on Monday and I'll go back with Trevor on my own on Tuesday. SO PRAY FOR ME!!! I know that people do it all the time, but I am truly scared to try to lug all our junk and my 21-month old through the airport myself. Besides the fact that he won't sit still for more than half a second at a time and doesn't like to read books or watch videos so I have no idea how to keep him entertained on the plane. I'm thinking if I can get him to the airport totally deprived of sleep, I might get him to nap on the flight. Of course it could completely backfire and I could just end up with a super-cranky overtired toddler on my hands. I never understood it when we just had Hayden, who was so mellow and loved his books and flash cards. But now I know why people drug their children before boarding a plane.

Anyways, I owe y'all some pictures from the trailriders breakfast at Hayden's school but that will have to wait till I get home. So much catching up to do. And don't even bother with the Blipfoto journal right now. I'm taking a little bit of a break since I haven't been able to plug in and download pictures.

No comments: