Tuesday, August 22, 2006


Fun in the sun...Just got back from an extended weekend in Galveston. Funny how being only an hour from home can seem like a world away. Shockingly, we made it through the weekend with no sunburn, which is Mom's biggest fear with the fair-haired boys. Trevor did spend about 4 hours in the emergency room, but many x-rays later we concluded that there were no broken bones as a result of an encounter with a heavy door. I think when kids are under two years old, their bodies must still be mostly cartilage and very little solid bone, because mine have managed to escape any serious injury despite some scary looking falls and pinches.

When we first took Hayden on a trip when he was little, I felt like we spent most of our time in the hotel room so he could have his naps at the proper times. Baby #2 is a whole new ballgame. We just run him ragged and let him catch mini-naps whenever he can. We were floating along on the lazy river at Schlitterbahn and he fell asleep on my chest. So I figured I'd just keep floating until he woke up. Boy, was he rudely surprised when a big wave crashed down over us. But overall, he managed just fine, perhaps a little cranky at the end of the day.

The rental house concept worked really well for us. Splitting it between three couples, it ended up about the same cost as three hotel rooms, but with the bonus that we could hang out and talk like grown-ups after putting the crew of little ones to bed. When is the last time that happened? And Sean and I extended our reign as Trivial Pursuit champions, mostly due to him not letting me talk him out of the right answers.

Now, if I could only get my mind out of vacation mode and back into work mode...

No comments: