Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Clean Bill of Health...

Took Juliette to the pediatrician yesterday, for only the 5th visit in her 2 short weeks of life (NOT counting the 3 visits from the pediatrician before we left the hospital and the 3 days in the NICU). He has pronounced her to be perfectly healthy and in no further need of constant attention. She's back up above her birth weight (7 lb 4.7 oz last night) and has actually gained about 2 oz. per day over the past week (1 oz. per day is normal).

He said her jaundice looked much improved and didn't even feel the need to do a blood draw to check her bilirubin level. Which is nice because her poor heel looks like a pin cushion.

He even said I don't have to wake her at night to feed her. So I actually got 4 hours of sleep IN A ROW last night. But I did end up waking her up finally at 5 am because it didn't seem like I should let her sleep any longer and I'm not sure she'd ever wake herself up to eat.

All in all, pretty exciting, although I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not shuttling my newborn back and forth to the doctor's office. He doesn't want to see her again for SIX WEEKS!

I had my 2 week check-up yesterday as well. It was pretty uneventful. My OB/GYN said he was glad we made it through the whole ordeal of this pregnancy. I think he was pretty fed up with all my complications and being paged at 2 am on the weekends. I never blogged it all, since I was on the bedrest, but I ended up with cardiac issues, allergic reactions to medication, and a lot of annoying midnight trips to the hospital with contractions <5 min apart. So we're both glad that I'm not pregnant anymore, but the end result was worth it and Juliette is the perfect little angel so far.

I'm working furiously on her birth announcement, but working furiously means sitting waiting for her to wake up and open her eyes so I can take a picture. I also was hoping for a picture of all 3 kids together but I'm starting to think that's just a hopeless dream. We'll see what happens. There may be a lot of candy and bribery involved.

1 comment:

sis said...

She is beautiful!!! So glad that you all may be on the road to some sense of normalcy now that she seems to be gaining strength and health. We are so happy for you all. Was so good to be with you at Christmas. Love, Kim