Saturday, January 12, 2008

Little Milestones...

Well, I survived my first day alone with all 3 kids yesterday. Although around 8 am, I was thinking I should call Erika and beg her to come rescue me. But I managed to get Hayden to school almost on time and we all had our hair combed and wore clean clothes, so I was pretty pleased with myself.

Finally placed the order for Juliette's birth announcements. Unfortunately, my address list is hopelessly out of date so I'm going to be struggling. If you're a friend and read this blog and you've moved since Trevor was born (June 2005), you'd better send me a note with your current address or you might not get an announcement. I went with a completely different style than the boys' announcements, so it took me forever to design, but I'm looking forward to the finished product, which has already shipped and should arrive here on Tuesday. But I felt guilty not having a matching announcement to the boys' that I could frame with theirs so I made one in that style too. I think it turned out pretty cute.

I also think I've done pretty good so far with Juliette being the 3rd child. I think I have at least as many pictures of her as I did of the boys. Maybe because it's easier with the digital camera. I was still on film when Trevor was born.

The other milestone is that we had our first date night tonight since Juliette was born. We went to see a play. It was nice, although it felt a little strange to be away from her so long. Poor Michele and David were saddled with all three of our kids and their son too. They're troopers though and came through with flying colors. Poor Logan looked exhausted by the time we got home though. Not fair keeping a 2-year old up till almost 11 pm. I wonder if Michele longs for the days when babysitting only involved watching Hayden. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago...

1 comment:

Miggle said...

So I have to admit that David had the harder part of the job - juggling 3 rambunctious boys. I had the most enjoyable part which was spending quality time with the sweetest angel, Juliette. There was no potty training, no back talking, no hitting or kicking... It was like the olden days when we watched Hayden and I wanted him to wake up so we could interact with him more.