Monday, April 02, 2007

Good things, bad things...The grass is always greener on the other side, but after one day on the new job I have pros and cons to report:

+ Took only 12 minutes from my garage to the parking lot
+ I've been assigned a "buddy" to help me get oriented. Isn't that nice?
+ The cafeteria will make pasta to order. I had penne with broccoli and mushrooms today. Yum!
+ They seem to have some degree of confidence in me and actually have high expectations that I'll make a contribution to the group.
+ They had some study done that shows the group is understaffed relative to other similar groups. So no plans to chop heads anytime soon.

- I was very busy today and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to keep up with all my internet surfing during regular business hours.
- I'm in a cube for the first time in my life.
- Cube life means I can't make smoochy talk (or yell at) my honey-man during the day. I'll have to convert to this ridiculous instant messaging that's all the rage these days.

Well, that's about it for the day 1 report. Except I don't know what I'm going to do with all my freetime that used to be spent commuting. Maybe I'll actually have to feed my kids something non-fast food once in a while.

No comments: