Monday, September 04, 2006

A new nanny...So we hired a new nanny today. The current nanny (Claudia) told us last week that her little ones (ages 9, 6, and 5) need her attention at home and she won't be able to work for us anymore. So I've been super-stressed about finding someone new to care for the boys. And briefly toyed with the idea of not finding anyone and just staying home with them myself, but I don't think the time is right.

So we've hired Erika to take care of the boys. I think the change will be hard on us all since they boys are so used to Claudia and their current routine. I think Erika will be fine, she seems to be energetic and patient at the same time, which I think is key. But at the end of the day, even after all the background checking and everything, it's just a huge leap of faith to entrust someone with your children.

I guess it should be easier this time though. When we first hired Claudia to take care of Hayden, he wasn't even talking yet. Now, given his complete inability to keep a secret, at least I can be confident that he'll rat her out if she does anything wrong. Who needs the nanny cam when you have the tattle tale?

No comments: