Thursday, September 14, 2006

Schoolboy-to-be...Well, we've officially enrolled Hayden in preschool. I'm still in shock a little. A spot is opening up at PoeCo, a cooperative parent-run preschool not too far from the house where Hayden's pals from the park go to school. The tuition is pretty reasonable and the days aren't too long (8:30 - 11:30) so I think it should be a good stepping stone for us. I have to be on committees and assist in the classroom once every 3 weeks, but it seems like a good way to get to know the other kids and parents. Still, it's a little weird to think that my baby boy is going to school. I'll have a little time to get used to it since he probably won't start till November (the slot doesn't open up till the other family moves). I think there was some weird provision in the contract about me having to sell a few hundred dollars worth of wrapping paper as a school fundraiser, so expect to hear from me on that one.

No comments: