Sunday, August 12, 2007

Messy Day, Fun Day...

I was home with the boys on Friday and actually let Trevor finger-paint. Very out of the ordinary for me. I usually defer the messy undertakings to Mon-Thurs when the nanny is watching them. But I was in a sporting mood and was pleasantly rewarded with a very messy two-year old who painted himself more than the paper. But there isn't anything a little soap can't cure.

Then, I put the boys down for early naps so they could get ready for our night at the ballpark. My workgroup had planned for us to all go with our families to watch an Astros game. A behind-the-scenes tour of the ballpark was arranged ahead of time, which meant that we had to be there at 3:45 pm. It was loads of fun, but the game went into extra innings before the Astros finally lost. I was proud of my little troopers for staying till the bitter end and even watching Friday-nite fireworks afterwards. Of course, staying up till almost midnight meant they slept till 10:30 on Saturday, but that's what weekends are for, right?

No comments: