Friday, December 01, 2006

Nothing is ever as easy as it seems...I do a little ornament exchange with some girlfriends every year. It gives us a time to get together and have a nice lunch without going broke buying gifts for everyone. We set some dollar limit ($15 this year I think) and you buy one ornament and we pass them around till each person gets one. Sounds simple, right?

I went to 4 stores today before finally settling on some ornament which I think is pretty lame. There's just so much pressure. We all open these things in front of each other and everyone is supposed to "Oooh" and "Ahh" but I couldn't find anything that seemed worthy of "ooh"ing at. So I settled on something which came in a nice box. I mean, if I'm not going to impress anyone with the ornament itself, at least I should get to avoid going to the effort of wrapping.

When I got home from Midland last night, the boys were pretty excited to see me. I guess absence reaaly does make the heart grow fonder. But it quickly became apparent that Trevor reaaly didn't miss my company, per se. I picked him up and he immediately tried to pull off my jacket and insistently started repeating one word: "Milk, milk, milk". Would it kill the boy to drink a bottle while I'm gone? Apparently so. Oh well, I guess it's nie to know you're irreplacable in some regard.

No comments: