Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sick after sick? Well, I was successfully recovered from the food poisoning when I was hit by some bug on Thursday afternoon which wiped me out for the second half of Thursday and the whole day Friday. I think it was the same nasty fever that overtook the boys a few weeks ago.

So I went through chills and sweating all night Thursday and dragged myself into Hayden's room on Friday morning at 7:30 am and said "OK, time to get up and get ready for school". Hayden says "I don't want to go to school every day Mom." I said "OK" and shuffled back to my room and went back to bed. My heart wasn't in it to begin with. Maybe if he was old enough to be dropped at the curb I could have done it, but I have to take him inside and sign him in. After a sweaty night that would have required a shower and washing my hair and I just didn't have the strength.

But I really, really think I'm all better now, so hopefully will be blogging and blipping with more regularity.

The nanny called in sick yesterday and I took advantage of the free day and took some really fun Valentine's photos, but I can't share yet or it will spoil the surprise for those who will recieve them in the mail. For my international friends, you'll have to settle for an e-mail version because I didn't get my act together early enough to have any hope of getting them to you in time.

So now that I've teased you on the Valentine's pics, we should catch up a little. Here are a few last photos from our visit with the Deans:

Daddy's little girl:

The whole family:
Anne and Olivia:

I like the contrast on this one between my bed-headed boys and Olivia all dressed up and ready to travel:Miss Shelley with an armful at Miss Traci's Superbowl party (not much more to say about the disappointing results of the game. I'll have to wait another year before I can bust into my Superbowl Shuffle again).
Can you believe this lovebug is 20 months old? He's hardly even a baby anymore, but he's still my baby.

Oh yes Mommy, I do intend to climb up and stand on this chair. I'm learning from your example.

Have to get one in of the big guy with his wry smile:
Oh and check out the mouth full of teeth on Trevor. He's actually loving brushing his teeth these days, which is quite a change from the wrestling matches I used to have with Hayden at this age:
A tender moment between Sean and the boys:
The beauty of the moment is marred only slightly by Trevor's INCESSANT habit of biting Hayden if he's forced to share our attention:
Finally a set that can only be called the beanie shots. I bought this propeller beanie as a gimmick to amuse kids when I'm taking pictures. Trevor found it in the bag and thought it would be fun to try it on:
And he thought it would be even funnier to put it on Sean:
Hayden saw the other guys having a blast and thought he'd give it a whirl:
And finally, something rarely seen on this blog (and only half-seen here), a picture of me. Taken by the other photographer in the house, Hayden:

Whew, I'm exhausted. That should teach me not to go so long without posting again.


No comments: