Monday, January 15, 2007

Ice in Houston? News flash...Temperatures may get down below freezing in Houston. Alert the National Guard. Close everything. Stock your cupboards and whatever you do, DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE.

They actually sent us home early from work today. And the toll road I take home was backed up because they had police in each line, driving side-by side, slowing down to 5 mph on every overpass, lest we morons drive too fast and not realize that bridges freeze before the rest of the road.

But on the bright side, I may not have to go into work tomorrow. We're supposed to use our best judgement and stay safe. One of my friends that works downtown was told not to come in before 9 am, and maybe their offices will close altogether.

The nanny only lives 2 miles away. She'll still show up to work I hope. What if I'm left alone with my children? Then I won't be able to waste the day surfing the internet like a normal weekday.

No comments: